Cost: $19 USD
Welcome to a script we have called ECM Virtual Crowd. YES!!! – that’s right!!! – it is a crowd in a box. A way to make your site look crazy-busy, whether you want to steer people into purchasing your products, or simply joining your newsletter subscription or site membership. In fact, it can be used in more ways than you can imagine. And with the power of ECM, you can add this awesome script anywhere (or everywhere) on your website.
- Do you want your site to look busy with heaps of user traffic?
- Would you like more buying power on your eCommerce site?
- Would you like more newsletter subscribers?
- Would you like to show customised messages with a very strong ‘Call to Action’?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the following, then you are going to be very excited because we have the perfect script for you!
See it in Action?
The next Virtual Crowd popup will show in:
Configured to randomise between 1 and 15 seconds – PLEASE BE PATIENT!!!
Since this is a premium product, the Virtual Crowd demo script is obfuscated, compressed, has the parameter comments removed, and only uses a very small user dataset. By purchasing Virtual Crowd, you will receive well-formatted code, easy-to-configure parameters as comments, and a dataset of almost 1400 users.
So what is ECM Virtual Crowd?
Virtual Crowd is a little notices popup that appears in the left or right corner of your website alerting your visitors that you have recently had a new subscriber, a new buyer, or a new member. It can be used for any notice you want, so the message can be fully customised.
But the power of ECM Virtual Crowd lies in the user data. We have created almost 1400 users that simulate real website users. Each user has a first name, a city, and a country. It was a painstaking process that has taken weeks of research and data building, which was based on selecting:
- the most popular ‘eCommerce’ countries
- the most populous cities in these countries
- the most popular first names in each country
It makes sense to pair popular first names from these countries for authenticity. It also makes sense to add the most populous cities from each country. Let’s list some examples to illustrate this further.
- Hiroshi from Tokyo, Japan
- William from Denver (Colorado), USA
- Renée from Marseille, France
- Alessandro from Milan, Italy
- Miguel from Barcelona, Spain
- Hermann from Dortmund, Germany
- Claudette from Ottawa (Ontario), Canada
- Millie from Bristol (Bristol), UK
- Riley from Galway, Ireland
- Anastasia from Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Burak from Istanbul, Turkey
- Shane from Melbourne (VIC), Australia
As you can see, the names are more relevant to the country. Of course there will be many popular names (e.g. Emma, Noah, Liam, Muhammad, Olivia, etc) that would exist in almost every country, so we have factored that in and added those. We have also factored in that there will be a lot more name/country pairs in the USA, so everything is relative to the size of the country. It all adds to the overall feel of authenticity.
The ECM team has made this fully customisable. Meaning, you can customise things like the message, the popup position and duration, the font colour and size, the animation effect, the background colour, whether to include borders or drop shadows.
You can fully customise the title, the optional message, and the optional price. And, you can customise the name/country pairs too by removing country data or even adding your own. The customisations are endless and we have made it really simple with a full API added as comments.
Virtual Crowd works beautifully on desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. We have optimised the styling for large and small screen resolutions so you can rest assured that it will work across all devices and platforms.
Don’t risk using notification plugins or third-party cloud services that can degrade your overall performance and bandwidth. Unfortunately plugins can bloat your website and use unnecessary resources if they are used when not needed. ECM only reserves memory resources and usage processes when it needs to, otherwise it will not get involved. Additionally, by adding scripts that emulate an existing plugin, YOU get to decide exactly where the script will run.
- After you have purchased ECM Virtual Crowd, make sure you have the ecm-virtual-crowd-script-files.zip file on hand
- Uncompress/unzip the contents of the ecm-virtual-crowd-script-files.zip file titled
- Open all of the files in a text editor of your choice to view it’s contents. There are plenty of free text editors such as Sublime Text
- Create a new code block and title it Virtual Crowds – JS. Copy the entire code contents of the file virtual-crowds-js.txt and paste it into the code block editor. Select the Assignment checkbox (e.g. Page, Post, etc) where you will add your ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup and then click Save
- Create a new code block and title it Virtual Crowds – CSS. Copy the entire code contents of the file virtual-crowds-css.txt and paste it into the code block editor. Select the Assignment checkbox (e.g. Page, Post, etc) where you will add the ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup and then click Save
- Create a new code block and title it Virtual Crowds – HTML. Copy the entire code contents of the file virtual-crowds-html.txt and paste it into the code block editor and then click Save. You will soon add this as a ECM Shortcode so leave alone for now
- Create a new code block and title it Virtual Crowds – Animate CSS. Copy the entire code contents of the file virtual-crowds-animate-css.txt and paste it into the code block editor. Select the Assignment checkbox (e.g. Page, Post, etc) where you will add the ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup and then click Save
- Create a new code block and title it Virtual Crowds – JS Config. Copy the entire code contents of the file virtual-crowds-js-config.txt and paste it into the code block editor. Change the location hook from Header to Footer by clicking the ‘H‘ icon, which should change to ‘F‘. Select the Assignment checkbox (e.g. Page, Post, etc) where you will add the ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup and then click Save
- Go to the backend editor of your Page (or Post) where you will add your ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup
- Click the ECM Shortcode embed button (i.e. on the editor toolbar) and select Virtual Crowds – HTML
- Update your Page (or Post) and then view the result
- If you would rather add the ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup to your entire website, you can go to the Assignment Panel and select the Aux tab and click the checkbox called Entire Website. Always remember to click Save
- We have made customisation very straight forward with instructions as code comments in the Virtual Crowds – JS Config code block (and the virtual-crowds-js-config.txt file). If you know your way round basic CSS styling code, you will find it very easy to customise the ECM Virtual Crowd notices popup to match your website theme colours and style. If you require setup or customisations, we can also offer this as an additional service.